1. Climbed up a downhill ski trail on snowshoes. Wearing blue jeans. (NOT a good idea, by the way.)
2. Toured an underground hydroelectric facility in Switzerland.
3. Marched with the local Minutemen to the Old North Bridge in Concord on April 19, 1975.
4. Had Thanksgiving dinner in a motorhome, parked at the top of the Halina Pali - a cliff in the Hawaiian Volcanoes National Park - while watching folks hang-glide down to the Halepa campground below.
5. Two days later, outran the tsunami generated by the Kalapana earthquake (November 29, 1975). (We later found out that part of the Halina Pali collapsed.)
6. Got stuck at the top of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis.
7. Performed basic bodily functions in a submarine underway at test depth.
8. Spent a day at two atmospheres pressure during an air-tightness test of same submarine.
9. Dragged anchor in Hong Kong Harbor and collided with a Royal Navy ammunition ship. (Not one of my favorite mornings.)
10. Watched the clouds boil up through Zealand Notch by a full moon. (This, on the other hand, was one of my favorite evenings.)